Job Posting: Social Media Coordinator
The Middle East Research and Information Project (MERIP) seeks a Social Media Coordinator to support MERIP’s outreach and fundraising efforts. This exciting position is an opportunity to shape the social media presence of a legacy publication, with more than 50 years of relevant content on its website.
This position requires approximately 5 hours of work per week. We offer a stipend of $1200 US quarterly, or $4800 US annually. Candidates can be based anywhere in the world, with the willingness to be available during North American working hours. This position will last for one calendar year.
The Middle East Research and Information Project (MERIP) was established in 1971 to educate and inform the public about contemporary Middle East affairs. A registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, MERIP publishes a quarterly online magazine, Middle East Report, as well as frequent articles and educational primers on its website.
- Create a social media calendar and posting schedule for official SM channels (Twitter, Instagram & FaceBook).
- Write and post content several times a week on multiple platforms.
- Serve as advisor to MERIP staff and contributors on social media trends and best practices.
- Manage social media engag
- Proven experience in creating social media content and campaigns.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Middle Eastern affairs, familiarity with MERIP’s work and proficiency in a Middle Eastern language.
- Professional experience with social media tools, such as Buffer, Canva & more.
- Enthusiasm for MERIP’s mission and knowledge production.
To apply for this position, please send your LinkedIn profile (or a resume if you prefer) and links to your previous social media work (professional or personal) to MERIP’s Executive Director, Mandy Terc (email@example.com). No cover letters necessary! Review of applications will begin on September 30, 2022, with an estimated start date in October.